border
DSC_0005
Hey, i'm Sybil Mae and Porridge n Pickles is my own personal blog filled with everyday life, laughter and love. Welcome!
border
border

Translate

border
bloglovin2013
weheartit2013
tumblr2013
flickr2013
pinterest132
border

Instagram

border

Friends

border


25/03/2013

REVIEW - Mulberry Long Locked Purse

mulberry1
For Christmas of 2012 I was brought my very first ever designer purse; a Mulberry long locked purse, glossy coat in the colour dark blush. Being the first ever designer purse (real purse, not like my LV key pouch which is more of a pouch... than purse) i'd laid my hands on I was a little excited. With that, I thought i'd let you know all the little details i've learnt about this great piece.
IMGP8379
IMGP8380
After noting that the metal work on my Mulberry Alexa scratches with ease, I decided to keep the plastic protection on this metal work (well as much of it as I could) for as long as possible to help prevent them getting damaged. You see, the metal locks on most of the Mulberry items are large and extremely shiny, in fact they remind me a bit of tinted mirrors! This turns out to have been a wise choice as I use the purse all day everyday so there would have bound to have been one deep scratch on the front of the lock by now! If you're a little more delicate with your purses, or alternate regularly, then you don't need to worry about this so much.
IMGP8381
Pocket wise, this purse has three large ones as well as one pocket for coins and six card slots.
IMGP8382
In pocket one I place all kinds of bits and pieces I like to keep with me. For example, my Metro card from my trip to New York City last summer (I actually ended up with four of these because we couldn't quite get the hang of how they worked...). When we left, it still had a few dollars on it (not that i'm going to be using it anytime soon); it also has some sentimental value and I just, like to keep it with me. Also, if i'm in a hurry I stuff receipts in this slot as well.
IMGP8383
This next pocket is right by the six card slots and so here I keep the cards that don't fit, such as my NUS card and parking tickets when out shopping (beats putting them in a pocket and forgetting where you put them when you come to the ticket machine!)
IMGP8384
This last pocket is a little smaller than the other two and so here I stuff receipts that I need to keep hold of for a little while. I also put train tickets and bus tickets in this slot. It's large enough for a few items similar to these in size.
mulberry2mulberry3
Over all, I am really pleased with this purse. It couldn't match my own personal style more, which I know sounds silly because it is plain and simple, but that's it! It also has plenty of slots for all the many pieces of paper that I like to carry around with me. If i'm lucky (as in, it happens to be a day where the pieces of paper are a little less in quantity than normal), I can also fit my phone (iPhone 4S) in the front slot as well, which means this purse dubs as a clutch bag too!