border
DSC_0005
Hey, i'm Sybil Mae and Porridge n Pickles is my own personal blog filled with everyday life, laughter and love. Welcome!
border
border

Translate

border
bloglovin2013
weheartit2013
tumblr2013
flickr2013
pinterest132
border

Instagram

border

Friends

border


21/03/2013

DIY - Basic Sleeveless Top

I recently found a large piece of fabric lying around that I thought i'd used up a while ago. With it, I decided to attempt make a basic top. The pattern I used can be found here (and it's free). I've never tried to sew a top before, i've made skirts, cushion covers, quilts, bags etc. but never a top. I've also actually never sewn from a pre made pattern before; I normally just measure, draw, cut and hope for the best (I know, i'm such a cowboy) so this was a bit of a learning curve. I'm here today though, to show you the final piece and let me tell you, it wasn't easy getting here (no matter how basic the pattern claims to be)!
diy2
It's still not perfect. I can't seem to get the right busty line thing (i'm sorry, I have no idea what it is actually called) to lie flat. I have undone it and re-sewn it in different ways what feels like 100 times. The left busty line thing (yep, here's that technical term again) turned out perfectly right off the bat, but the right, not so much. I will manage to crack it eventually though, I just know it.
afterlight copy 3