border
DSC_0005
Hey, i'm Sybil Mae and Porridge n Pickles is my own personal blog filled with everyday life, laughter and love. Welcome!
border
border

Translate

border
bloglovin2013
weheartit2013
tumblr2013
flickr2013
pinterest132
border

Instagram

border

Friends

border


26/04/2013

What's On My iPad - My Favourite Apps.

DSC_0035
So today I thought i'd give a little insight into my favourite apps for the iPad. My iPad is like my right hand man, I take it everywhere with me and do everything on it; apart from my assignments, I guess they require a little more 'room'. I probably should have taken these pictures after cleaning the cases screen cover...
DSC_0036
Firstly, i'd like to show you the Afterlight app. This thing is pure genius and just £0.69! For basic image editing it is the most simple, yet powerful application i've come across. It gives you an array of photo filters, borders and textures. I find it perfect for editing photos i'd like to put up on the blog.
DSC_0037
For photo's that require a more sophisticated form of editing, Photoshop Touch is the go to app for when you are on the go! Offering you a little less than Photoshop CS does, it still allows you to play with the basics such as curves, brightness/contrast, shadows/highlights, colour balance, noise reduction and many more! You can also select certain pixels, the whole image, cut, copy and paste. Obviously I wouldn't recommend it as a replacement to the actual Photoshop CS, but for on the go, this really is a competent application! To me, it was a little pricey at £6.99 but i've found that for me, it was well worth it.
DSC_0038
Have you ever heard of the Eyewitness application? That's what this is. It is an application brought to you by the Guardian newspaper. Everyday an image is uploaded with a little box containing a small bit of information about the picture shown. In that box you can also see who the photographer is and if you click the 'info' button, you often are given a 'Pro Tip'; if you are lucky, it will also tell you the camera used to take the picture along with the settings. The app is free, but if you choose to subscribe, more images will be available to you on a daily basis. I haven't gone for this option though, i'm more than happy with just the one image a day.
DSC_0039
This is the 50 Greatest Photographs of National Geographic. I believe that it originally costed £2.99 although i'm unable to check that now as it says 'Open' where the price normally is, so don't quote me on that! So anyway, in this little app there are obviously, the 50 greatest photographs of national geographic, however there is also a whole tale to go with each photograph. You can view how the image originally looked when it ran in the publication and you even get a little biography on the photographer. When I first saw this app I believed that it would be a simple collection of the 50 photographs so the stories and biographies were a nice surprise. The images are just gorgeous and I recommend everybody to try out this app, I can assure you that you will not be disappointed.

To give you an idea of some basic things you can do on both the Afterlight app and the Photoshop Touch app, here is:

  • An original image.
  • Here is the image after I added the 'Hellow' filter in the Afterlight app and altered the brightness and contrast.
  • Here is the same image after turing it black and white and playing with the curves in Photoshop Touches.
There aren't drastic changes in the images shown, but I like to keep my images as close to realistic as possible so it's an idea of what I get out of the apps.


Do you have any apps you would like to recommend?