border
DSC_0005
Hey, i'm Sybil Mae and Porridge n Pickles is my own personal blog filled with everyday life, laughter and love. Welcome!
border
border

Translate

border
bloglovin2013
weheartit2013
tumblr2013
flickr2013
pinterest132
border

Instagram

border

Friends

border


09/04/2013

Boiled Eggs On A Tuesday Afternoon.

image

I spent some time today getting to know the manual focus on my new Nikon D5100. So far i'm loving every little feature of this camera (I still haven't figured out how to get the video mode yet, though... I should really take a look at the instructions...) and I do no regret upgrading to this model at all. I have been doing some research into other lenses that i'd like to invest in, my first move being a lens for portraits. I have looked at both the 35mm and the 50mm but I will probably end up going for a 50mm f/1.8 for now due to the much cheaper price tag in comparison to the 35mm f/1.4 or f/1.8 and the 50mm f/1.4. If I get as much use out of it as I intend to, I may consider upgrading. I will also probably end up going for the AF f/1.8 D seen as that's cheaper again! On my camera however, the auto focus feature will not work because the D5100 doesn't have the auto focus motor built into the body, hence why i've been practicing my manual focus skills, I want to know I wont find it to be to much of a hassle (and that i'm fully capable) before I invest, otherwise I will probably end up splashing out the extra bit of cash for the newer AF-S model with the auto focusing built into the lens.

Do you photograph with any of these lenses? If so, which one and what Nikon model do you use it on?